BEAUTY | Brand Focus: NYX Cosmetics





I first heard of nyx cosmetics through watching countless american youtubers raving about their products. There was a period when almost all of the popular beauty gurus were featuring the famous jumbo eye pencils. At the time nyx products were not available here in Ireland and seeing so many people use them made me want to try them even more. This year nyx finally launched in a number of chemists all over Ireland and naturally I made it my business to go into town and pick up some goodies. ( I bought these on separate occasions, not all at once!)
I have heard a lot of people describe nyx as a more affordable version of mac, and I do agree with that. So if you are looking for beauty on a budget, give their products a go.


I can definitely get the hype around the nyx jumbo eye pencils. These are like cream eye shadows in pencil form. They can be worn alone on the eyelids or they can be used as a base for your eye shadow, so it won't crease. The staying power is great, I haven't had any problem with creasing.

The shade 'yogurt' is a gorgeous pinky rose gold shade, I loooove to use this on the inner corner part of my eye as a highlight. It brightens up my eyes and makes me look more awake (which is what I need most days).

 The next shade is 'Milk'. This is amazing as a base for your eye shadow, especially if you are using bright colors on the eyes. Its also great for lining the water line, this makes your eyes look a lot bigger, 'Milk' is definitely the most popular shade in the jumbo eye pencil range as the first time I went to buy it, it had sold out. The second time I had just picked up the very last one. If you only try one nyx product I would recommend trying this one.


(top)
'Sunrise in Bali' Bronzer & Blush duo: This is a great little compact to throw into your handbag. The bronzer (1) is a little too orange for me but I can see how it would suit other skin tones. The blush (2) is a lovely peachy pink shade (with gold glitter/shimmer reflects). These can be used separately or they can be mixed together (3) to create a kind of peachy rose gold color (insert heart eyes emoji). Overall its a handy little compact and the pigmentation is great for the price.

(bottom) Blusher in the shade 'Desert Rose' I find myself using this little blush a lot when I'm doing my make up. At first when I swatched it, I didn't think the pigmentation was too great but when applied with a blush its a lot better. You don't need too much of this and its definitely buildable and very easy to blend. I'm also pretty sure you could find a mac dupe for this shade.


Born To Glow Liquid Illuminator : This can be applied all over the skin before foundation to give a "glowing from within" look. It can also be applied to the tops of the cheekbones as a highlighter. You only need a tiny tiny bit and I would use your fingers to blend it it into the skin. Another way you could use this is to mix it into your foundation. Again this will just give an all over glowing look to the skin.  Its a rose gold shade (this is the last time I will mention rose gold in this post, promise!) and I'd say it would be quite similar to the nars illuminators which I have not tried yet, but as soon as I do I think I'll be doing a swatch comparison of the two!



'Indie Red' Lipstick: I have featured this in my red lip classic blog post and it is probably my all time favorite red lipstick? Lasts all day. Doesn't budge even after eating and drinking.

Nyx Butter Glosses:
The three glosses in the middle are 'cherry cheesecake' 'Eclair' and 'Tiramisu'. They're all named after deserts... how cuuuute. Now for ages I was not a fan of lip gloss AT ALL. However, nyx have converted me. I adore these lip glosses. They feel really nice on the lips and they don't have that sticky gloopy feeling that a lot of glosses have. They feel light and also moisturizing. The pigmentation is amazing and I love wearing these when you just wanna add something a little extra to your make up look. I will be trying more of these asap!

'Butter' Lipstick : This lipstick is a brown shade with a greyish undertone. That kinda sounds like it would make you look like a corpse, but it can be really flattering on some skin tones. I like it because it gives kind of an edgy look to your make up. I hate that word edgy... but I'm not sure how else to describe it haha! 

Overall, I have to say nyx is a great affordable brand. All of their products are brilliant quality and well worth the money.

Hope you guys enjoyed this post or found it useful in some way! :)

///Kirsty///






Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment