BEAUTY | The MAC paint pot dupe


A couple of months ago I purchased the MAC paint pot in the shade 'groundwork'. 
For those of you who are unfamiliar with paint pots, they are basically cream eye shadows, in a cute little pot! They can be worn alone or as a base for your  eye shadows to stop them creasing.
I picked the shade 'groundwork' because it is a warm, brown color and I figured it would be perfect as a base for brown smokey eye looks and even day looks. I use this paint pot ALOT and although I think it is a little pricey at €20 it is well worth it.

     On the left: Maybelline | On the right: Mac

However, not everyone has the cash to be spending €20 euro on single eye shadows, and as you can see from the photo above, you can get the exact same product for much cheaper. The product on the left is one of maybelline's 24 hour color tattoo cream eye shadows. The formula feels basically the same and they are pretty much identical in color. The shade is called 'creamy beige 98'.  As you can see from the dent, my mac paint pot is well loved, but when my Mac paint pot runs out I will definitely be moving on to the maybelline pot. It retails at a cheerful price of €10.49. Sometimes boots do a 'buy one get 2nd half price' and there are lots of other beautiful colors to choose from. 


Swatches:





Hope everyone is having a lovely week and I hope this post helped you in some way! :) 

////Kirsty////

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

4 comments:

  1. I have one mac paint pot in painterly and get so much wear out of it. I’ve heard a lot about Groundwork, but would love to try the one from Maybelline. Emily x

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried painterly its next on my list though! >:]
    Love your blog girl thanks for having a look at mine!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried either of these but I really want to as they both look really nice! - I think I'll go for the colour tattoo though because of the price :) x

    Elleandherbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah they are pretty much the same product except they are in different packaging so the color tattoo is a bargain. :)
    Thanks for reading my post Elle.

    ReplyDelete