BEAUTY | Red Lip Classic


  Here are all of the red lipstick's that I own. I love wearing red on my lips because it can completely change your look. I pair red lips with a subtle winged liner, A lot of people tend to stay away from reds because they think that it does not suit them. There are many different shades of red though so its all about testing and trialing different ones to see which shade suits your skin tone best. Personally I like any shade of red but I do lean more towards orange toned reds. I hadn't actually realized that I have THREE orange toned reds from different company's and they all look identical!



 

1. NYX Matte Lipstick in the shade 'Indie Red' 
This is an orange toned lipstick and its a matte finish. This is my absolute favorite red lipstick I have ever used. It stays put all day and even though its matte it doesn't leave my lips feeling dry or cracked, which a lot of matte lipsticks tend to do. NYX is available in many Irish pharmacies and this lippie costs €7.49



2. Wet n' Wild's lipstick in the shade 'Cora-line'

This is basically the exact same shade as the NYX one. The finish is semi-matte so it doesn't dry out the lips. The application can be a little patchy at times but for the price you can't really complain!
Wet n' Wild are available in Irish pharmacies, also in Dunne's Stores and Pennies.
This only cost me €2.99!



 3. Mac x Rihanna Collection in the shade RiRiWoo

I got this as a present for Christmas when Rihanna's first collection with mac came out.
I absolutely adore the packaging of this as I love anything rosegold. I would describe this shade as a true red. Its the type of red I would imagine Marylin Monroe and pin up girls to wear. The finish of this one is very very matte. The only problem with this is that its extremely drying on the lips. I always make sure I wear lip balm under this and I make sure to use a lip liner too as it can bleed past the lip outline.  This was limited edition but I have heard that its the exact same as mac's RubyWoo shade.
Mac lipstick's cost €19.50



4. Seventeen's Stay Pout lipstick in the shade Infared

I picked this up in boots on a whim and I realized today that its the exact same shade as two of the other lipstick's I mentioned up above. I thought I'd show you guys anyways so you can compare prices and see which ones you would rather pick. The finish of this is also semi matte. It feels like it would actually hydrate the lips. Its an orange toned red. I have to admit I haven't worn this one enough to know what the lasting power is like but it seems like it would be pretty decent to me. 
This lipstick costs €5.99

`

5. Seventeen's Stay Pout lipstick in the shade Make An Entrance

This shade is also the exact same shade as my mac RiRiWoo lipstick. Its definitely more hydrating on the lips though and it won't cost you a bomb either. I mean, 20 euro for a lipstick is a lot. Bitchez be broke these days. So if you are a student or just trying to save some cash I would go with this one instead. These lipstick's also have a really nice vanilla scent to them.
The cost of this lipstick is €5.99

As I am a Taylor Swift fan I OBVIOUSLY had to title this post 'red lip classic', right?

Let me know what your favorite lipstick's are! :)

///Kirsty///



Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. The matte lipstick color from NYX Indie Red is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I love it. It lasts all day even after eating and drinking it stays on!

      Thanks for reading fatima x

      Delete