September Beauty Haul

Well... its been a while. 
I kind of put off blogging for a couple months because I started working full time. 
I'm working a lot of hours at the moment so I haven't felt like updating. There's no point in me writing up blog posts just for the sake of it, instead of updating when I feel like it and when I am enjoying it. 
I've also been thinking of renaming my blog as I'm not too fond of the name any more. I'm thinking of changing it to 'The Beauty Boost'. I like the sound of that name a lot better. :)

To be honest I'm having a bad day... but doing this blog is keeping me occupied and giving me something else to think about. 
Now that I'm working again  and I have some more money, I am able to spend it on things that I love, like make up, and skincare and of course food! (hehe) But this is a beauty blog, not a food blog so we will leave the food out. :)

Throughout September I picked a few products that I have been really excited to try out. 



 

I went into Mac and picked up a new highlighter and a new lipstick.


This highlighter in 'lightscapade' is so gorgeous, I love all of the colors running through it. On the skin its light, but definitely can be built up to a more intense highlight. Compared to Mac's 'soft n gentle' it doesn't have as much shimmer/glitter in it so if you are not a fan of that then this is the highlighter for you.


This lipstick is a brown/peach color and its in the shade 'Mocha'.


I was browsing in superdrug and I spotted these brushes, (because they were so colorful and cute)
I picked them up straight away and put them in my basket. They are from the brand Lottie London which I have never actually heard of before. The quality of the brushes is brilliant for the price. Twenty five euro for four brushes is pretty good in my opinion.


They come in really nice packaging and I just think the pastel colors are so cute and would look great in a little brush holder on my dressing table.

In the pack you get:
flat concealer brush (coral)
Fluffy powder brush (pastel blue)
Flat foundation brush (pastel green)
Angled eyeliner brush (pastel pink)
eye shadow blending brush (pastel yellow)


THIS is my favorite scent from soap and glory. Its has quite a citrus smell, I don't usually like citrus smells but I LOOOOVE this, it reminds me of loop de loop ice pops and every time I apply it makes me think of summer/my childhood. I can't recommend soap and glory products enough they are so worth the money and they last for ages.


Urban Decays Naked Skin concealer in the shade medium light.
The beauty world was buzzing when this was released, and people still rave about it so I had to give it a go. I agree with the rest of the blogging community because this concealer really is brilliant. It blends sooo easily on the skin and work amazing under the eyes. It reminds me of mac's studio fix concealer but it feels even lighter on the skin. I think I'm going to buy it again in a lighter shade though because this one just matches my skin, and your concealer should always be a shade lighter than your foundation. 


I also couldn't help myself when I saw this urban decay setting spray on sale.
I have wanted to try this for YEARS but would always forget about it. This is another product very highly rated in the blogging community/ beauty world. I have tried it out about 4 times now and I have definitely noticed a difference in the staying power of my foundation. So I think this one is becoming another staple for me. 


I ran out of my current day moisturizer so I picked this up in boots. Boots Botanic's hydrating day cream. I have tried a couple of products from this line before and they have always been great. I haven't actually used this one yet but I'm sure it will do the job just fine!


Can you actually deal?
I mean.
Look. At. The. Packaging
ITS A CHOCOLATE BAR!


I spotted this in Debenhams and I nearly had heart failure because of how cute is. I have never tried Too Faced Products before but I am really impressed with this palette. The shadows SMELL like HOT CHOCOLATE POWDER. Like seriously. Too Faced ya dun good. Every time I open up this palette it makes me want a cup of hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows.
The shadows just scream autumn colors and they are so creamy and easy to blend.
I can't wait to mess around with this more and do some more interesting looks with it.

So that's everything that I picked up throughout September.
I can't believe that it is October already. I'm looking forward to the colder months to be honest.
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend, let me know if you enjoyed this post!

Now, I will leave you with this lovely lil' tune from one of my fav artists ever.
It suits my mood today tbh




Kirsty x









Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment