BEAUTY | Highlight Heroes




I think everyone who is into beauty loves to try out new highlighters for their skin. I am completely obsessed with highlighters as they can really change how your skin looks, They can be used to give a beautiful and healthy looking 'natural glow' or a full on intense shimmering like a disco ball glow for nights out. I especially love to use them in the summer, with a tan, I usually apply highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones, just under the arch of my brow, down the bridge of my nose, on my cupids bow and a tiny bit on my chin. However you can change this to suit your liking.

I decided that today I would talk you through my favorite highlighters. I have some cream/liquid highlighters and some powder ones. If you are a beauty hoarder or just someone who is starting out with make up I have some suggestions to suit you.So here it goeeeees...



1. First on my list is MAC's mineral skin finish in 'soft and gentle'. A cult product. Where do I even begin to explain my love for this??? I think I bought it when I was around 17 or 18. (& yes I still have it). It was one of my first mac purchases so it also holds a little sentimental value. I did stop using it for a good while as I moved on to other products but I have recently fallen in love with it all over again.

'Soft and gentle' is a gorgeous golden champagne color. It can be applied lightly on the skin to give a natural glow, or it can be built up to achieve a more intense finish. I also sometimes like to wet my brush with some of mac's fix plus, and this will give an amazing wet (but still glowy lol) look to the skin. My swatch doesn't do it justice, I will try to do better ones in the future, I'm still learning. D:



2. Topshop's 'Glow' Cream highlighter. I would describe this as mac's soft and gentle in cream form. The swatch up above is a bit more intense but when it is blended it looks a lot more like soft and gentle. I like to apply this with my fingers instead of a brush, I just find that its easier to blend into the skin that way. I find that when I use a brush I am left with visable brush strokes. It can be worn alone on the skin as a highlight, or it can be mixed in with your foundation, I like to do this when I want a really dewy look to my skin. Its also a great highlighting base for the new beauty craze; strobing. I am thinking of doing a post about strobing soon. Let me know if that's something you would like to see. :)


3. CHAOS makeup artist's highlighters. This shade is called 'Mynxii' which is such a cute name. Its a pearly pink highlighter and only a little is needed as they are all super shimmery and intense.  I discovered these little beauty's when I was in my make up course. I came across chaos make up artists instagram and became obsessed. Her name is Megan Martinez and she is basically the highlighting QUEEN. I have to say she is a big inspiration to me so of course I bought her highlighters! I got a set of 6 little pans, all in different shades. I decided to only show one though because the packaging has gotten a little grubby over time. The shades I got were called 'Mynxii' (pearly pink) 'Vie En Rose' (champagne)  'Shrinkle' (pearly blue) 'Electric' (silver) and 'Fawn' (bronze). If you are a make up artist I would definitely recommend these highlighters they come in so handy if you are freelancing.





4. Seventeen's Skin WOW Primer. (left swatch)
This is a primer / highlighter for your skin. It can be applied onto the skin before foundation. Or it can be mixed in with your foundation. Also you can apply a tiny but with your fingers on the tops of your cheekbones to achieve a nice highlight on the skin. This is a great product and you get plenty of product for the price so it will last you a long time.

5. Boot's Botanic's All Bright Radiance Balm. (left swatch) This is like the seventeen primer but it is less intense, It has also been compared to MAC's strobe cream. I loveeee putting this on my skin before foundation. It leaves the skin looking so healthy and dewy. Its also costs wayyyy less than Mac's strobe cream so it is fantastic for the price.



6. Finally the last product I will mention, is Make Up Revolutions 'Vivid baked highlighter'/ 
This is a lovely pearlescent pink color and I love how it looks in the packaging. Again my swatch does not really do it justice! I discovered this in superdrug when I was browsing and I just couldn't resist. They also have it in a golden shade, but I got the pink one is it was more suited to my skin. It was very inexpensive for a highlighter and I would recommend this if you are just starting out with make up. It's definitely one of the best highlighters in the drugstore at the moment.

I hope you enjoyed this post and do let me know what your favorite highlighters are! 


///Kirsty///

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment