BEAUTY | Current skin care products


Hey everyone! First off I would just like to say thanks to anyone who has had a look at my blog and read my posts. I hope you are enjoying them! I'm sorry about the photo quality, I'm just using my phone but I do plan on getting a nicer camera (I reeeeeeeallly want to get an olympus pen).

Today I will go through and explain my current skin care routine / the products I use. 

Cleanse: The first product I will grab is my garnier pure active micellar water. I have been using this stuff since it first came out, its very affordable and it wipes away every trace of make up on my skin. I have the blue bottle which is for combination to oily skin, although I have used the pink capped bottle for sensitive skin and I love that one just as much.  
I apply some of the micellar water onto a cotton pad and swipe away my eye make up first. I hold the cotton pads over my eyes for a few seconds so it really sinks in and breaks down the mascara. I will then swipe a cotton pad all over my face to remove my foundation.

When I feel that most of my make up has been removed I will then go in with my Boots no7 beautiful skin cleanser and rinse it off with water. This just makes my skin feel extra clean and it doesn't leave my skin with that tightness that some cleansers do. Its very gentle and is not heavily scented so its great very every day use. 


Tone: At the moment I do not use a toner, I keep telling myself that I need to get one but I always forget! I have been wanting to try the body shops tea tree toner for a while now. 

Moisturize: For moisturizer I have been using Boots no7 Protect & perfect day cream & night cream. I am really enjoying using these products at the moment. They both have SPF in them and they are both hypo-allergenic. The day cream is nice and light and doesn't leave any residue, it sinks in quickly which is what you need for an everyday moisturizer. 
The night cream is intense and I can tell that it keeps my skin hydrated all night long while I sleep. My skin still feels really soft when I have woken up so that's when you can tell that it really works! 
I would definitely recommend these two together as they work so well and they are also very affordable.
After I have applied my moisturizer at night time I like to spray my mac fix plus over it as its an extra boost of moisture and it has a good mix of antioxidants in the ingredients. 

Combating spots: I feel very lucky to say that my skin has been staying quite clear recently. I haven't been getting many spots at all. I used to get those really awful under the skin ones that would come to the surface and look like a MOUNTAIN. Now I only get little small ones every and now and again or some times not at all. When I do get a spot though I immediately reach for my effaclar duo plus. This is from a french skin care company called La Roche Posay, its widely available in Ireland just a tad but expensive but worth it! Anyway, when I get a spot I apply some of my effaclar duo onto it and the next day the redness and size will be noticeably reduced. Its a miracle in a tub! If only I had found out about this product when my skin looked like a pepperoni pizza. :'( 

Sensitive skin: Sometimes my skin can be quite sensitive so whenever I feel that my other cleansers might be too harsh I will use my Camomile cleansing balm from the body shop to remove my make up. It has a very light scent to it but it does not irritate my skin at all. It feels really luxurious on the skin and its so calming and relaxing. I apply it onto my skin in circular motions and then rinse it off with water and it leaves my skin feeling refreshed and hydrated. 

Exfoliate: My skin has not been dry at all recently so I haven't needed to exfoliate much. I keep forgetting to buy one of these as well. It just slips my mind. I will definitely need one when the colder months come back. For the moment I just use a small pink exfoliating pad from pennies, you can find them in the beauty section. I just splash some water on to my face and the use the pink exfoliate pad in circular motions to remove dead skin cells.




Thank you for reading if you got this far and I hope this was informative and not too boring! 



///Kirsty///

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment