BEAUTY | SUMMER ESSENTIALS

Hello everyone!

So its been 3 months since my first blog post. I have to say I just was not happy with the layout and I hated how my blog looked. I kind of gave up on figuring out how to fix it and make it look pretty! 
This morning I decided to give it another go... and its not perfect but I now like the look of my blog.
Its the best I can do for now. I will keep trying to improve it though. I should learn more as I go along.


Enough of that rambling and on to the good stuff...
Now that the weather is finally warming up here in Ireland I have put together this summary of the products I use to achieve a fresh, glowy base.

The very first thing I do is of course is prep my skin using skin care products. I will do a post on my current sinkcare routine soon.
Once my moisturizer has sunken in and my skin is ready for foundation...

  •  the first thing I do is spray some MAC fix plus. My skin is very dry and it needs an extra boost of hydration. 
  • I let the fix plus dry in and then I move onto foundation. 
  • The foundation I use at the moment is the Smashbox Halo liquid foundation. It is a light to medium coverage, gives a beautiful glowy finish and is also oil free, which is great if you have oily skin or an oily t-zone. I buff this foundation into my skin using my favorite Zoeva 104 buffing brush.
  • The next step is concealer. I use MAC's pro long wear concealer. I put this under my eyes in a triangular shape to bring light to my under eye area and I blend it in using a fluffy eye shadow blending brush as I find it gives the best results.
  • I then powder my skin lightly. I am currently using the soap and glory Kick Ass pressed powder. It has a yellow undertone to it so it probably won't suit your skin if you have pink undertones. 
  • Next I lightly contour my cheekbones to bring some definition to the face, (emphasis on lightly) the last thing you want is overly defined cheekbones in broad daylight... not a good look! I use the brown shade in my sleek contour kit. Its the perfect shade of brown for my skin.
  • I apply MAC's soft n' gentle highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones, down the center of my nose, on my cupids bow, just under my chin, and just under the arch of my eyebrows. I use the real techniques contour brush to apply my highlighter as its the perfect size. 
  • The last step to achieving a glowy base is to set it all in place. I use my MAC fix plus spray again to do this, holding it away from the face. This also enhances the glow of your highlighter so you will be the glowiest gal on the block! 

If anyone is actually reading this I hope this post helped you and please let me know if you are enjoying my posts as I'm still trying to get into the swing of this blogging stuff.

//Kirsty//

Share this:

, , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment